- Our Street dance class is ideal for beginners and those with some experience alike. Improve your health and fitness and learn how to follow choreography, move to the music and express yourself!
- Termly lessons are held on Friday afternoon for Juniors (6-11) and Seniors (11+)
- Lessons are 45 minutes long
- The first 15-20 minutes are used for a warm up focussing on posture, breath control, articulation and voice placement
- We then learn a song from musical theatre, pop, rock and even jazz
- We also look at how your singing relates to performance
- As well as this we play with mash-ups, singing as a unit, harmonies and audition technique
- We have an open lesson at the end of terms for the parents to come in and watch
- Our half term and holiday Glee Club and Musical Theatre courses are very popular and end with a performance in our theatre
- We are introducing another JUNIOR singing class on SATURDAYS at 12 – 1pm
Acting classes are the main activity at YATI. They are about learning performance skills, having fun, improving confidence and communication , nurturing creativity and talent and making new friends!
Classes run evenings and all day at weekends for Juniors (6-11), Seniors 1 (11-14), Seniors 2 (14-18) & Adults (18 up) – please download the full timetable.
Our classes are shaped by our amazing teachers and you! They can explore improvisation, script work & acting exercises
You can create short performance pieces of your own
There are also opportunities to take part in performances from monologue evenings to our annual productions
Throughout the year we also invite members to audition for the agency
Classes are usually held at our Barnsbury Road Theatre with some at Hargrave Hall and the Church on the Corner