Studio Wayne McGregor is offering an opportunity for five final year vocational dance students or recent dance graduates to undertake a unique professional development programme with us in 2017.
The programme will offer a range of interactions with Studio Wayne McGregor to further develop the skills needed to prepare for a portfolio career and to gain exposure to life as a professional dancer alongside mentoring and development of a peer network:
- Participation in four weeks of Company Wayne McGregor class.
- A place on two Studio Wayne McGregor Labs.
- Mentoring by a named Company Wayne McGregor dancer.
- Professional development sessions by Studio Wayne McGregor office staff, on self-promotion, marketing, tax, finance, working in schools and communities, fundraising and tour booking.
- Observing / assisting on Learning and Engagement projects, with practical guidance on working with young people, schools or community groups.
- Training to support the setup of a self-facilitating Action Learning set.
Participants will be asked to contribute to the Studio Wayne McGregor programme e.g. contributing to the development of various programme strands and delivering talks to local young people about routes into dance training.
The programme will take place from March – December 2017.
Thanks to generous support from the Idlewild Trust the programme is free of charge to participants.
The programme is open to dancers in their final year of training who are about to embark on their professional career or who have graduated in the last year and could benefit from supported experience in the professional dance world.
To apply please send CV and covering letter outlining why you would be interested in joining the scheme and ideas of how you might contribute to the Studio Wayne McGregor programme to Jasmine Wilson, Director of Learning and Engagement on firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 February 2017.
Interviews will be held w/c 20 February 2017.
For more information visit http://waynemcgregor.com/professional-development-programme