On Thursday 9 February, UCA Farnham, 10.30am - 5pm
How do I expand my creative business capacity? Working with manufacturers explained
Looking to grow your business but cannot produce the quantity? Looking to expand your product range or portfolio practice?
Don’t fear the Manufacturing process, it can make a significant benefit to your business capacity, income and growth
Why should you attend?
- Find out what it means to work with manufacturers, and how they can support your creative business
- Get direct and professional advice from representatives from manufacturing on the logistics of working with manufacturers.
- Find out the top tips from experienced makers working with manufacturers in UK and aboard
Who is speaking?
- Fi Scott from Make Works. Fi is a manufacturing geek, designer and founder of Make Works. Frustrated at not knowing where to get things made, Make Works started factory finding in Scotland in 2012 and have since visited, interviewed, filmed and photographed over 200 manufacturers, material suppliers and workshop facilities - that are all too often hidden away in industrial estates or difficult to find online. The core focus of Make Works is making these manufacturers easier to access, providing an open access directory of manufacturers with in-depth information, photography and short films.
- Experienced fabricators and manufacturers offering key advice on how to realise your business development and growth. How to consider one of production, batch production or mass production to suit your business needs
- Experienced makers offering advice and expertise on working with manufacturers and growing their businesses
What is on offer?
- Advice on what to expect when working on working with manufacturers including contracts, budget planning, timescales and potential order requirements
- How to realise your business potential, whether through batch production or scaling up to large scale projects.
- What investment you need to be considering when working with manufacturers
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break. A light lunch will be provided, please provide dietary requirements upon booking
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
Working with Manufacturers workshop is part of a series of workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully