Great North Museum, Newcastle upon Tyne, North East, United Kingdom
Set to be the biggest event in England for 2018, the Great Exhibition of the North is a summer of amazing exhibits, inspired technology, vibrant street performance, cutting edge culture and magical experiences in NewcastleGateshead.
At the Great North Museum, a portal to another world is about to open.
Get your game on and prepare for an adventure. Discover the heart and soul of the revolutionary North and learn how its inventors, scientists and artists shaped the world we live in today - and how you can change the future.
Which Way North is a free, family-friendly exhibition featuring over 200 fascinating items on loan from the UK's leading museums, galleries and private collections. You'll see:
- Astronaut Helen Sharman's space suit
- A rare miniature book created by Charlotte Brontë
- The last piano played by John Lennon
- The sonic screwdriver used by the 11th Doctor Who
- George Stubbs' world-famous painting Whistlejacket
- Damien Hirst's art installation Heaven
- John Harrison's groundbreaking marine timekeeper 'H4'
- David Hockney's painting Le Parc des Sources, Vichy
- And much more...
Are you ready to go? Embark on a journey of Northern endeavour and discovery. Opens Friday 22 June 2018.