Galleries and museums in the UK can now apply to be considered for Art Fund's Museum of the Year 2020, the world's biggest museum prize and the UK's largest art award.
Register for or login to your Art Fund account and apply before 12pm on 13 February 2020. The winning museum or gallery received £100,000 while named finalists each receive £10,000.
Art Fund requires that applicants clearly demonstrate to the judges how their activity in 2019/20 has won the support and enthusiasm of their audiences.
Things to consider include any innovative exhibitions and events you've put on, engagement programmes that are helping to transform the lives of people in your community, how creative use of digital media and technology is helping new audiences to connect with your museum, leading in equality, diversity and inclusion, and making bold choices to ensure you're best serving your audiences.
If you have any questions, you may contact prize project manager Emma Mills on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7225 4873. More information can also be found in the application pack.
You will need to submit:
- a completed online application form
- a letter of support from your director confirming their wish for the organisation to be considered, and agreeing to our terms and conditions for finalists
- up to six high-quality images of your organisation that best illustrate your application
- compile a very short film or self-playing PowerPoint presentation to support your application
- you may also send us no more than four pieces of print material relating to your work in 2019/20