Waltham Forest London Borough of Culture 2019 is looking for 100 trainees to become global creative leaders, with applicants agead 16-25.
The second round of applications is now open until Sunday 8 September - you can download the application form here.
The Cultural Leadership Programme is a unique opportunity that will help you build the experience, skills and networks that are vital to navigating and influencing the creative industries.
To apply you must:
1. Be 16-25 years old
2. Live, work or study in the borough of Waltham Forest?
3. Want to make your mark on the world of creativity and culture
Cultural Leadership Programme will include:
- Induction day on Saturday 5th October
- Paid work experience (at London Living Wage - £10.55 per hour)
- A personal mentor
- Talks, workshops and socials with influential creatives and entrepreneurs
- Invitations to cultural events across London
- Leadership training
- End-of-programme awards and celebration
Time commitments for this programme are flexible. Events and work placements will be available within Waltham Forest, in central London or in neighbouring boroughs. The programme has been designed to work alongside college studies, or part or full time work.
Drop-in surgeries are being held on the following dates for questions and advice:
- Tuesday 3 September, Leyton Library, High Road, Leyton, E10 5QH, 12 – 3pm
- Wednesday 4 September, Chingford Library Plus, The Green, E4 7EN, 4 – 6pm
- Friday 6 September, Leytonstone Library, 6 Church Lane, E11 1HG, 2 – 5pm