The latest Arts Council England annual report shows the amount of support the organisation has given to UK arts and culture in 2018/19.
Download and read the report here.
Key stats include:
- 693 grants and £335m to National Portfolio Organisations
- 669 and £40m in Development Funds
- £75m to Music Education Hubs
- 4,318 National Lottery Project grants, to an amount of £86m
- Investment and Development funds saw £11m go to children and young people, £6m to the UK City of Culture (Hull), £4m each to Creative People and Places projects, and museums and culture.
Highlighted achievements throughout the report include:
- the launch of the Creative People and Places projects, which aims to bring arts to the least culturally-engaged places in England
- a new fund for individual creators called Developing Your Creative Practice
- An increase in international collaboration projects including SxSW and with the GREAT Britain Campaign, including via the Culture Diary
- Creation of a Digital Culture Network to aid culture organisations in their digital skills
- Addition of the £6m Transforming Leadership development fund
- Renewed partnership with the Department for Education around management of a range of music and cultural education programmes
Arts Council England is currently working with the Culture Diary, along with other cultural partners, to bring delegates to Hong Kong for a series of culture missions in conjunction with the UK presence at Business of Design Week 2019.