The British Embassy in Moscow and Consulate General in Ekaterinburg are inviting bids for projects commencing in the financial year 2020/2021 that build on sustainable connections between British and Russian people across a variety of subjects including culture.
To submit your application, follow the instructions on the GOV.UK website. The deadline for project concept bids is 13:00 (MSK/UTC+3), 20 January 2020. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The International Programme provides funding for projects that support activities directly connected with the UK’s foreign policy priorities.
Organisations are encouraged to submit concepts for projects that advance the goals of the International Programme in Russia:
- To sustain links between people and institutions on a wide range of subjects, promoting collaboration and fostering mutual respect
- To champion democracy, human rights and the rule of law
- To address global and local challenges through policy dialogue and exchange of expertise
- To increase opportunities for doing business
Projects may be in a variety of formats including, but not limited to:
- building relationships and networks
- holding dialogues or exchange of expertise
- joint research
- promoting city-to-city and business-to business links
- capacity building
- supporting young leaders
Projects may address topics including, but not limited to:
- environment (e.g. international climate change agenda / COP26*, the transition to a green economy, sustainable development)
- science and innovation (e.g. life sciences, global health, the Arctic)
- culture (e.g. arts and literature, education, shared history)
- human rights and civil society (e.g. democratic accountability, fundamental freedoms, journalistic standards and media freedom)
- security challenges (e.g. disarmament, non-proliferation, climate resilience)
- business and trade (e.g. economic diversification, decreasing barriers, improved regulation)
Preparing and submitting a bid
Enter the first stage of the competition by submitting a Project Concept Form that outlines a project valued at £10,000 to £500,000** (or the equivalent) per fiscal year (ending 31 March) over a 1-3-year period***. Project costs must be provided in the currency of your organisation’s bank account.
Select applicants will be invited to the proposal stage of the competition by 3 February 2020, providing feedback that should be integrated into project proposals.
Any projects that move to the proposal stage information session at the British Embassy in Moscow on 7 February 2020.