Design is a major creative focus for the UK, as proven by its designation as the official partner for Hong Kong's Business of Design Week (BODW) 2019 taking place 2-7 December.
Working with cultural partners, GREAT Britain Campaign and Arts Council England, the Culture Diary has organised a set of missions for arts and culture delegates from various creative disciplines to capitalise on the build-up to and launch of BODW 2019. More on these soon.
These missions will also connect with the Department for International Trade's Great British Design campaign which also culminates with the Hong Kong festival.
Programme highlights that delegates will be able to enjoy include:
- Morag Myerscough - a Royal Designer for Industry
- Patrik Schumacher - Zaha Hadid Architects
- Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby - designers of the London 2012 Olympic torch
- Neville Brody - CEO & Creetive Director of Brody Associates and Art Director of The Face magazine in the 1980s
- Thomas Heatherwick - founder and Design Director of Heatherwick Studios
- Sessions including Brand Asia Forum, Culture & the City, Creative Mindset & Design Thinking, Greater Bay Area & Design, plus much more
Early bird discount for tickets to BODW is still available, with 30% off the regular price. Buy tickets here.
Image: Business of Design Week 2018