The Culture Diary kick started a programme of cultural diplomacy, relationship building and export, working with some of our members to create a series of small cultivation events in Paris, France. We were delighted to support Akram Khan's Until the Lions which took place from 5–17 December 2016 at la Vilette, Paris.
The performance was a powerful adapatation of Until the Lions: Echos from the Mahabharata, by poet Karthika Nair, mixing kathak and contemporary dance, leaving the audience moved and wowed.
“As in many myths, the female characters are often the unsung heroes, the figures of strength and imagination and endurance. It is their unsung stories in particular that still haunt me today.” – Akram Khan
We were delighted that Mme Susan le Jeune d'Allegeershecque, interim Ambassador for Britain, alongside invited guests, got to meet with choreographer and dancer Akram Khan and support the best of Britain's creative industries working internationally.
We are looking forward to continuing to support international working across France and other European, American and Asian countries, so do make sure your international tours are uploaded onto the Culture Diary website, and do not hestiate to contact us wih provisional information on upcoming international work, or ideas for collaboration.
#LondonIsOpen #BritainIsOpen #TheCultureDiary
More stories coming soon...
Director/Choreographer/Performer Akram Khan
- Narrative Concept/Scenario/Text: Karthika Naïr
- Visual Design:P Tim Yip
- Lighting Design: Michael Hulls
- Original Music Score composed by Beautiful Noise (Vincenzo Lamagna) in collaboration with Sohini Alam, David Azurza, Yaron Engler, Akram Khan, Christine Joy Ritter
- Dramaturg: Ruth Little
- Assistant Director: Sasha Milavic Davies
- Assistant Choreographer: Jose Agudo
- Voice-over: Kathryn Hunter
- Dancers: Akram Khan, Ching-Ying Chien, Christine Joy Ritter
- Musicians: Sohini Alam, David Azurza, Yaron Engler, Vincenzo Lamagna
- Producer: Farooq Chaudhry
- Technical Director: Richard Fagan
- Assistant Set Design & Technical Producer: Sander Loonen
- Technical Coordinator: Peter Swikker
- Stage Manager: Marek Pomocki
- Lighting Engineer: Stéphane Déjours
- Sound Engineer: Julien Deloison
- Assistant to the Costume Designer & Costume Maker: Peggy Housset
- Model head designed and made by Blind Summit
- Project Manager and Tour Manager: Mashitah Omar