Candoco Dance Company – a world-leading professional dance company for disabled and non-disabled dancers – is seeking applications for three dancers to join the company to tour nationally and internationally from spring 2020, with a minimum 2-year commitment.
The company encourages applications from all disabled artists at any point in their career. Apply by Monday 18th November 2019 at 10am.
Dancers applying require:
- A strong natural performance ability
- Demonstrable professional, or comparable, dance experience
- High level technical ability
- Good improvisation skills
- Strong communication skills
- An ability to remember or repeat material
- A passion for different dance styles and ways of working
- A commitment to working collaboratively and being part of a team
- The ability to participate in the extensive programme of ambassadorial education work worldwide.
Auditions take place Friday 13th December (audition workshop), followed by a recall on Saturday 14th December (recall), and an interview on Sunday 15th December – all invitation only. Applicants must be available on all 3 days.
Contract will begin w/c 20th April 2020.
Applicants successful in being offered an audition will hear from Candoco by 29th November 2019.
Candoco is an equal opportunities employer, actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community and are particularly keen to hear from D/deaf and disabled people.
Candoco Dance Company / Image: Pedro Machado