The annual London Design Festival sees a huge programme of design-focused exhibitions taking place at the V&A and across the capital in a variety of spaces.
Highlights in 2019 include:
- The first-ever King's Cross Design District which will feature designjunction's exhibition of forward-thinking furniture, lighting and accessory designs and Martino Gamper's Disco Carbonara at the new King's Cross retail and restaurant space Coal Drop's Yard
- KI Award winners to showcase their successful designs at the festival
- Camille Walala brings her vibrancy back to the festival after 2017's Villa Walala, with Walala Lounge in Broadgate
- An immersive experience, VOID, from Dan Tobin Smith and The Experience Machine, as one of the festival commissions
- Paul Cocksedge and Sam Jacob provide this year's Landmark Projects.
The programme also includes the Global Design Forum, a series of keynote talks, discussions and debates held at the V&A. Topics in 2019 include
- The Future of Production
- Graphic Design
- Biodesign: Engineering the Future
- Design For Change
- Digital Futures
- Sustainability: Revolution and Solution
- The Theatre of Experience
Come back to download the full London Design Festival guide here when it's published. Alos, check out the London Design Fair taking place 19-22 September.
Paul Sedgecock, 'Please Be Seated', London Design Festival 2019 / Image: London Design Festival 2019