Six top independent game developers have been funded by Creative Europe including the makers of BAFTA-award winning games Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Lumino City.
From 24 applications received from the UK, Creative Europe has given €787,284 from the EU-wide budget to six UK developers, including:
- BrightRock Games (War For the Overworld) for Project Star Wards
- The Chinese Room (Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, Dear Esther, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture) for Little Orpheus
- Italic Pig (Schrödinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark) for The Infinite Hotel
- Splendy Interactive (The Bunker) for In Blood
- State of Play Games (Lumino City, INKS) for ICE
- Wales Interactive (Soul Axiom, Late Shift, Don't Knock Twice, Time Carnage) for Maid of Sker
Supported games need to demonstrate in-game storytelling. Both Italic Pig and The Chinese Room have previously been awarded funding by the Creative Europe Development: Video Games scheme.