The European Commission will provide funding to new projects for creative and audiovisual institutions using digital and new technologies.
This funding will be available to consortiums of organisations from at least three countries participating in Creative Europe representing a diverse range of cultural and creative sectors, including audiovisual.
With a pot of around 1.75 million Euros, the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency estimates funding for 6–10 projects at a minimum of 150,000 Euros for a maximum 60% of total eligible cost for the project.
- include "audiovisual and new digital technology" for museums, live events and / or cultural heritage;
- succeed in bridging cultural and audiovisual content through digitisation.
Support will be given to projects that either:
- feature new forms of creation at the cross roads between different cultural and creative sectors, including the audiovisual sector, and through the use of innovative technologies, including virtual reality, or;
- foster innovative cross sectoral approaches and tools to facilitate access, distribution, promotion and/or monetisation of culture and creativity, including cultural heritage.
The focus should be on the following aspects:
- a problem solving approach, addressing challenges for the cultural and creative sectors;
- the importance of audiences and the user experience in scoping problems;
- technology as an enabler in addressing key problems, rather than as an objective on its own;
- innovation in regards to the creation, distribution and promotion of creative content, addressing cross-sectoral collaboration as well as the use of enabling technologies