Wednesday 22 February, 10.45– 4.30pm
National Centre for Craft and Design, Navigation Wharf, Carre Street, Sleaford, Lincolnshire NG34 7TW
This workshop will give you both the tools to protect your brand and intellectual property and also introduce you to the possibility of showing your work in other countries.
Looking to expand your creative business to new markets in UK and aboard? Wanting to make sure your creative ideas and products are protected? Looking to find out more about Design right and Trade marks?
Why should you attend?
- Find out about IP and copyright and Design right, the differences and what organisations can support you and your work.
- Find out about working internationally, whether exporting your products; showcasing aboard or looking to residency opportunities with new cultures
- Find out the top tips from experienced makers on their experiences with protecting their brand
Who is speaking?
- Get direct and professional advice from key representatives from legal professions on how to protect your business and what investment should you be considering
- Experienced makers who have protected their business and work internationally
- Experienced project manager who has worked with many international markets
What is on offer?
- Advice on why did you need to protect your business and what areas of your business could you protect
- Advice on what not to do or areas to avoid
- Advice on the cost implications and potential investment you would need to make to protect your business and how you can factor this into your business plan.
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break.
10.45am Arrival, registration and tea/coffee
11.00 Welcome and Introductions
11.20 Briffa – Creative lawyers for creative businesses
Briffa are a law firm specialising in creative industries. They are here to discuss how to protect your creative business and understanding the different options open to you from Copyright, Design right, Trade Mark, Patenting, the investment involved and the next steps you need to take.
12.10 Nadia Ricketts – maker presentation
Designer and maker who will be sharing how she has protected her brand ®BeatWoven, the extensive research she took, the investment she made and the difference this has made to her business.
1.50 Caroline Jackman, Talent Development Manager, Crafts Council
Caroline will give you an introduction to working internationally and the various options open to you to grow your business potential; she will also include the logistics of working Internationally
3pm Stuart Akroyd – maker presentation
Glass artist Stuart Akroyd will be offering valuable advice on his experience of showcasing in the UK and aboard, in particular working at Craft Fairs and Working to commission; what you should be considering and what to avoid
3.40pm Q+A & Reflection
4.00 End of workshop/ networking
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
How do I protect my creative business and how to look to markets outside of the UK workshop is part of a series of workshops designed by the Crafts Council