Jerwood Arts has published a new employers toolkit on socio-economic diversity and inclusion in the arts.
A combined effort with the Bridge Group, the toolkit gathers practical ideas and case studies to support long-term change in the arts sector. It includes top 5 tips, which are:
- Measure socio-economic background and publish what you find
- Create spaces for conversations about taste, talent and merit
- Create a more inclusive organisational culture
- Cease unpaid or unadvertised internships, jobs and opportunities
- Create more inclusive recruitment processes
The toolkit comes just as the Creative Diversity APPG (All-Party Parliamentary Group) was announced, launching on 23 July 2019.