As we head towards 2020, the importance of UK culture and creativity on the world stage will be amplified by huge events.
- Waltham Forest has now begun its tenure as the first ever London Borough of Culture, with 12 months of inspiring events for all throughout the year.
- The UK takes part in an exchange of creative work and collaboration with the beginning of the UK/Japan Season of Culture 2019-20 in September.
- Britain will build on the Cultural MoU with Hong Kong, culminating in the UK partnering with Hong Kong for the annual Business of Design Week in December 2019.
- The UK/Russia Year of Music begins, with plenty of opportunity to add to our already strong cultural relations.
- Coventry will be delivering a year of enticing cultural programming as they build up for their highly-anticipated City of Culture 2021.
We will also be gathering the most innovative and striking storytelling for Britain's future at huge international events including SXSW 2019, and for the next World Expo at Dubai in late 2020 with opportunities around the incredible UK Pavilion, designed by Es Devlin and Avantgarde.
We will keep you informed of news and opportunities around all of these, and more, throughout next year. Make sure to keep us informed of your plans too - upload your events and add some announcements and blogs to our stories section so we can share your news.